Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Hybrids

NEW HYBRIDS



Phalaenopsis Barbara Chamorro - This hybrid, a second generation Tan Lee Moy, still maintains the bright chilli red colour. Named after Michael Chamorro's mum or my daughter's mother-in-law, the flower measures 4cm x 4cm with a clean chilli red colour. The column is white, side-lopes yellow and lip chilli red. It is a very attractive flower.



Phalaenopsis Robert Ang

Finally an orchid named after myself. I have been quite fastidious in choosing an orchid for myself. I think this is about the best hybrid I have ever done. The colour, shape, size and general appearance is about perfect. This hybrid is 75 percent P. Penang Ruby. I have about 7 P. Penang Ruby as stud plant and this hybrid is by far better than any of my P. Penang Ruby in terms of shape and colour.


Dendrobium Muhyuddin Yassin

This very beautiful hybrid , Den . Muhyuddin Yassin named after the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Hj Mohd Yassin was presented to him on the 5th August 2010 during the opening ceremony of Hari Peladang Penternak or Farmer's Day celebrated from 5th to 8th August 2010 at Ladang Infoternak, Sungai Siput, Perak
The hybrid measuring 6.5cm x 3cm with upright sepals of three twists is dark reddish brown in colour. The dark colouration comes from Den. Black Spider whose genes dominated that of the other parent plant, Den. Ong-Ang Ai Boon which has yellow flowers. All of this hybrid that bloomed have no yellow colouration and almost all are dark brown to black in colour.




Brassocatanthe Jessie Ang

This hybrid named after my wife is quite interesting as bloom from one parent plant is yellow and the other red. Quite a number of this hybrid has bloomed and some are yellow, some red and some in between. I have chosen this reddish orange one for the registration.
A very showy plant .

No comments: