Thursday, September 20, 2018

I have a lot of Catasetums in my farm. I sell a lot of Catasetums from my farm and many are still not sure what to do with one that has dropped ones leaves and looks dead. From the series of photographs, the seemingly dead plants which is really "sleeping" will produce new shoots if left alone. For me I will take it out (especially if they have 4-5 bulbs) and cut off all the roots , clean it and tie it individually to a string and hang it upright in a shady place. I normally water it together with my other plants and allow the new shoots to emerge and then replant it when new roots appear. The newly planted plant will be grow bigger and new flower spikes will be longer with more flowers..




1 comment:

Gerry said...

I followed Robert's advice and now have a flower stalk.