Sunday, December 20, 2009

First Bloom of New Hybrid in December

R414 (P Eleanor Loh x P Tan Lee Moy)


Three blooms from my crossing P Eleanor Loh x P Tan Lee Moy (R414) show the diversity of shape and color in the offsprings. The first two blooms shown above, are more similar to P Eleanor Loh as the characteristic concentric red design is still dominant while the solid red of the third bloom is more like P Tan Lee Moy. Today one of the plant came in second in the Peral Orchid Society monthly show.
Many of my plants are spiking and I expect to see a lot of show quality blooms from this hybrid.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers, particularly enjoy the one shown in the second picture (Any clue how does the light color come out?). Looking forward to see more flowers and the bloomings from the R434 series.

mano said...

Nice looking flowers, very unique, hope to see them in live when I visit your place ASAP.

yctan118 said...

Hi Robert,
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs428.snc4/47148_433367184849_664769849_4848177_8335214_n.jpg
May I know what ID is this?

yctan118 said...

Robert,
Your phal is world class standard. Very beautiful. I wish I could get more!