Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stud Plants 5

Stud Plants 5





I have a collection of good stud Phal bellina and Phal violacea which I use extensively for my propagation of white, red and blue Phal violacea. I have crossed the blue variety with the normal Phal bellina, hoping that the blue strain will cross over to produce a blue bellina of better shape and colour.(R 500 P violacea 'Blue' x P bellina 'Blue', R503 P bellina blue x P bellina, )






I also have the giant variety and the largest measures up to 3 1/2 inch from top to bottom. The one in the photo measures 3.2 inch. Although it is star shaped I manage to cross it with one of my rounder ones and quite a few hybrids produce show quality blooms (R36 , R244)









My stud P bellinas have produced quite a number of show quality plants. Using different P bellina together with the giant ofsprings I hope to propagate a large round form which is in great demand here in Malaysia and Singapore.

1 comment:

swiftsunshine said...

I flowered more than 30 Phal violacea blue crossed to Phal violacea alba. None came out blue!The colour ranges from light pink to darker pink and the form is fairly good but not great. We would love to vist your nursery when we visit Malaysia. However I flowered some very good blues (indigo blue)which is a Phal blue x Phal blue.

You have some good P Bellina.